Monday, November 19, 2012

DIY Photobooth stand


Just browsing with my little Peia's birthday picture and I saw her mermaid tail photo booth stand that I and my brother Justin did. It was fun doing things like this, especially, when you see the people love to take a picture on it. It's not that hard to do it, you just need a lot of patience and creative mind. I remember that we are so excited on my daughter's birthday and we wanted it to fun for kids and as well for the adults, we thought of renting a photo-booth which costing of Php 2,000 - 2,500 per 2 hours. It's too expensive and not practical and we thought that kids won't love that. Since, my brother got his new camera, we just create a photo-booth stand out of the box.So, let me help you out to do this mermaid tail photo-booth stand.


  • First, you have to cut the box according to your desire height and wide, then painted it with white but as brush it, give some texture on it, so that if you decided to use blue paint, it will you a nice water effect. Then cut the sides triangular shape and it will be the hold of your photo-booth stand.

  •  While waiting it to dry, I cut out the tail pattern and glue green fabric on it. using wood glue. 
  •  I saw a smaller piece of box inside of it. I think it was the wedge of the oven in the box. So I thought of using it to give a 2D effect. So,I cut out some rock-likes and seaweeds for the effect of our 2D photo-booth stand. 
  • Painted with white on the first layer, then green and a lining of black for an effect. 
  • Once the cut out paint are dried, glue it on the small piece of the box one by one. I used crepe paper as an effect of the water and gold paper for the treasure box. I also use a silver paint to give a shiny effect on my painted seabed

  • For the tail pattern, sorry we haven't got any picture of it. But you can make a tail as what position you want your tail to wiggle effect. 
  • Then we cover the white box with dark and light blue crepe paper and crumpled it for an effect. Then put the tail on. Wrap with green fabric and filled in with cotton. As you see in the pictures above, that's my 2 boys. We tried to take a picture on it and My brother bought a red wig for a props and a torch that we made out of a stick and cellophane.
  • We put it on a place where kids can see it easily. They're having fun of taking pictures with the tails on. My cousins and nephew wore a costumes too for my little mermaid's party.

My cousin Krizia, tried to take a pic with the red wig on and  the torch on her hand.
Even me, got a picture with my tails on... Just ignore the pirate , he just looking for the treasure chest.
So that much pretty it! I hope you like my idea too.

Please leave a comment if you like it for more better suggestions or request. 
Thanks for reading. TATA!



No comments: