Have you experience of running out of stocks of your ingredients for your cake or cupcakes? I do. So,I'll share some tips for you that might help you to find the best alternatives for what you need. But just a reminder for you, some ingredients may affected the taste and the textures of your recipe, so I better recommend you to find your ingredients first before you start to bake. So let's get started!
Original Ingredient - Alternative formula Ingredient
- Baking Powder - Combine 1/4 tsp Baking Soda + 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar = 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter - If you can't find unsalted butter on your local stores you can use the Regular Butter just make sure that your not going to use salt on your dry mixture, or even Margarine will help you out too.
- Corn Syrup - If you don't have this ingredient you can easily replace it with 1 1/4 cups Sugar + 1/3 cups of Liquid.
- Cake Flour - For all bakers knowledge the best alternative for this is the All Purpose Flour. There's a bit adjustment for the formula for this. I tried it and it works. The formula goes like this 1 cup minus 2 tbsp of All Purpose Flour = 1 cup of Cake Flour.
- Honey - I usually do this whenever I make a Pancake as an alternative for honey or maple syrup. 1 1/4 cups of Sugar + 1/3 liquids. This is the same as Corn Syrup. This is can be use as a design for your cakes too, it will serve as a morning dew on your flowers and leaves fondant.
- Shortening - like the unsalted butter you can use a Regular Butter or Margarine as an alternative.
- Sour Cream - We can use a Plain Yougurt as substitution for this. Yummy and healthy!
- Baking Soda - We need this ingredient to rise up our mixture just like the Baking Powder. All we need to do is just double or triple the measurement of the Baking Powder as a replacement ingredient.
- Milk - For those people who loves cakes but they are "Lactose Intolerant", Well the best alternative for the dairy or Milk ingredients will be Coconut Milk, Soy Milk and Rice Milk. But I recommend Soy Milk as the excellent replacement for your milk because it will still stable any dishes.
But always remember that "Putting your heart and soul to everything you do is the BEST SECRET INGREDIENTS".
Thanks for reading!